I confess to already being an addicted browser gamer. I enjoy the free games at sites like Bigfish games, Shockwave, Popcap, etc. My favorite types of games are word games (Bookworm, TextTwist, in particular) for when I want to think; Hidden Object Games (Prime Suspect, some newer ones) for when I want to challenge my visual concentration; and Match 3 games (too many to mention) when I just want to veg out and do something totally mindless.
The different Escape games are very intriguing to me because they require figuring out how disparate items and movements work together to allow the player to progress. They are not easy. Usually you can find an online 'walk through' with a google search if you are stuck. I am happy to report that 9 times out of 10 I never have to resort to the hints. But it does take perseverance on my part.
They all are addictive. And the comedic punchlines about "I'll quit as soon as I get to the next level, until I get to that level and then get to the next level...)are soooo true! I blush to confess to the couple of times that I was up until the wee hours of the a.m.trying to get to the final level or complete an escape.
I have no interest in RPGs. Not my thing. Someone near and dear to me is a WOW gamer who has no interest in my harmless single player browser games. The net truly has something for everyone.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment