Monday, March 9, 2009

Twitter tweeting

Okay, I confess - I find tweeting is yet another excuse to avoid real, meaningful engagment with people. Or perhaps a manifestation of the addictive nature of certain technologies. Or both.

I understand and appreciate the role of text messaging as a communication method that falls between not needing to speak with someone yet needing to message them. Since one can do that in 140 characters or less with a TM, why does one need to twitter?

I really do feel that society is on information-communication overload.

I find tweeting to fall into the same category as blogging - a bit narcisstic to believe that people want to know your every thought (blogging) or every movement (tweeting).

Plus they both each add yet another password to create and remember.

However, someone must be interested, or no one would continue to send blogs and tweets into cyberspace if they never received responses, enthusiastic responses.

Thus, ergo and hence, I know that, obviously, many, many people embrace and enjoy these marvels of communication technology or they wouldn't engage with/in them. I understand that people tweet and blog because they have fun doing it. And that is what matters. So, World, tweet and blog away.

No comments:

Post a Comment